Wondering about the job market for accountants and accounting-related positions? Check the entry for "Accountants and Auditors" in the Occupational Outlook Handbook from the Bureau of Labor Statistics. Learn about the job outlook, potential earnings, and more.
You can use the ReferenceUSA database to find accounting firms in a particular town or geographic area.
1. Open the ReferenceUSA database and choose the "U.S. Businesses" module.
2. Click on the Custom Search tab.
3. Click on "Business Type" and select "Keyword/SIC/NAICS." In the search box, type "accounting" and click on the Lookup button. Click on all the business types you are interested in. You might want to select "872101 - Accountants."
4. Next, click on "Geography" and select the elements that apply to your search area. Use the selection box to designate the geographical area you wish to search.
5. When you're ready, click on the green "View Results" button in the right column, and your results list will display. You can click on a company name to learn more about it.