Henry De Lamar Clayton, Jr.
- Service: U.S. House (AL-3)
- Congresses: 55th-63rd (1897-1914)
- Congress.gov bio: http://bioguide.congress.gov/scripts/biodisplay.pl?index=C000495
- Collection: Henry De Lamar Clayton, Jr., papers (MSS.0314)
- Linear feet: 40
- Processing and Arrangement Note: Processed. The papers Clayton's document his life, actions, and influence. The material is arranged in eight series relating to the different aspects of his life: Family and Personal Data, Emory, Generalship, Judgeship, Miscellany, Politics, Stone Mountain Memorial, and the University of Alabama Presidency. There is also a series of Artifacts.
- Online Finding Aid: http://purl.lib.ua.edu/140525
Claude Harris, Jr.
James Thomas Heflin
- Service: U.S. House (AL-5), U.S. Senate
- Congresses: 58th-71st (1903-1930)
- Congress.gov bio: http://bioguide.congress.gov/scripts/biodisplay.pl?index=H000446
- Collection: James Thomas Heflin papers (MSS.0659)
- Linear feet: 16
- Processing and Arrangement Note: Processed. Correspondence, speeches, press releases, biographical notes, campaign literature, photographs, scrapbooks and memorabilia. Material for the early period of Heflin's career (1893-1900), when he was engaged in local and state politics, is scarce. The correspondence is arranged in four groups, each organized by date: political, general, personal affairs, and outgoing letters. PERMISSION IS REQUIRED TO ACCESS THE COLLECTION.
Samuel Francis Hobbs
- Service: U.S. House (AL-4)
- Congresses: 74th-81st (1935-1950)
- Congress.gov bio: http://bioguide.congress.gov/scripts/biodisplay.pl?index=H000663
- Collection: Samuel Francis Hobbs papers (MSS.0682)
- Linear feet: 48
- Processing and Arrangement Note: Processed. This collection is made up of correspondence, memoranda, pamphlets, government publications and other materials concerning Samuel Francis Hobbs's career as the U.S. Congressman (1934-1951) from the 4th district of Alabama. Arranged into the following series: Correspondence; Miscellaneous Bills, Reports, Etc.; Miscellaneous Newspaper Clippings; Miscellaneous Notebooks; Scrapbooks; Artifacts
- Online Finding Aid: http://purl.lib.ua.edu/38492
Albert McKinley Rains
- Service: U.S. House (AL-5/at large)
- Congresses: 79th-88th (1945-1964)
- Congress.gov bio: http://bioguide.congress.gov/scripts/biodisplay.pl?index=R000018
- Collection: Albert M. Rains papers (MSS.1178)
- Linear feet: 9
- Processing and Arrangement Note: Correspondence, texts of speeches, and federal government publications relating to housing, labor, mass transportation, and waterways development, including the Warrior-Tombigbee, Chattahoochee, and Coosa Rivers. Rains's correspondents included Silvio O. Conte, Dwight D. Eisenhower, Conrad M. Fowler, Charles B. Heinz, H. A. Morris and John Sparkman. Unprocessed.
- Online Finding Aid: http://purl.lib.ua.edu/131297
Robert "Bob" Riley
Kenneth Allison Roberts
Armistead Inge Selden, Jr.
- Service: U.S. House (AL-6/at large, AL-5)
- Congresses: 83rd-90th (1953-1968)
- Congress.gov bio: http://bioguide.congress.gov/scripts/biodisplay.pl?index=S000232
- Collection: Armistead I. Selden Jr. papers (MSS.1244)
- Linear feet: 122
- Processing and Arrangement Note: The collection contains the papers - primarily correspondence - of Armistead I. Selden, Jr., covering his years as a United States Representative (1953-1969), as well as the years he was Ambassador to New Zealand, Fiji, The Kingdom of Tonga, and Western Samoa (1974-1979). The boxes are arranged chronologically. The boxes covering his years in the U.S. House of Representatives are, for the most part, arranged according to an indexing code based developed by Selden's secretaries based on subject matter. Within each folder the material is generally in alphabetical order by the correspondent's last name.
Donald Wilbur Stewart