Skip to main content
- Peter Brannon Papers (W.0009): Includes a diary of an archeological trip to Georgia in 1905. Went to Brunswick, St. Simon’s Island, and Cumberland Islands. Also includes a “Catalog of his Indian Relic Collection.”
- Alabama Anthropological Society Records (W.0059): Includes several papers or reports on Indian relics, as well as other anthropological interests. There is also a photo album containing photographs and newspaper clippings documenting Alabama Anthropological Society trips from 1920-1922. The bulk of the material falls within these 3 years.
- Moundville, Tuscaloosa Lock & Dam, Mobile Port & Spanish American War, Album 24: This collection includes 132 photos of the Civilian Conservation Corps working on Moundville. The photographs depict skeletal remains, carved artifacts, burial pits, and various earthen mounds.
- Alabama Anthropological Society Records (MSS.0059): This collection contains a variety of materials, primarily from the early part of the twentieth century, of the Alabama Anthropological Society. A significant portion of the collection is made up of correspondence (incoming and outgoing) of Peter Brannon, founding member and the Society's second president. There are also several papers or reports on Indian relics, as well as other anthropological interests. There is also a photo album containing photographs and newspaper clippings documenting Alabama Anthropological Society field trips from 1920-1922. The photographs were taken at archaeological sites in Dallas County, Macon County, and Elmore County. Newspaper clippings include obituary notices for society founder Thomas McAdory Owen, announcements, and reports on anthropological events in Alabama.
- David DeJarnette Papers (MSS.0421): This collection contains photographs related to archaeology and geology, including photos of the Stanfield-Worley Bluff Shelter dig. There is correspondence to DeJarnette when he served as editor-in-chief for the Journal of Alabama Archaeology as well as personal correspondence related to information on the Native Americans that are associated with Moundville, Alabama. This collection also contains a draft of his MA thesis.