- Scout--a one-stop search that searches many databases at the same time.
- Find Primary Sources--find firsthand accounts of historical people and events.
- Find Secondary Sources--find scholarly works that interpret primary sources.
- Careers and Graduate School--find job ads and grad school information.
- Citation and Writing Help--how to cite sources and prepare papers in Chicago style.
UA History Trivia: The Gorgas Family
The Gorgas Library is named after Amelia Gayle Gorgas. Mrs. Gorgas "was the first female librarian on the campus, and the Amelia Gayle Gorgas Library was the first academic building at the University named for a woman." In its namesake, the Gorgas Library reflects the history of the campus, while its technology and services reflect the New South.
Picture of Amelia Gayle Gorgas from Acumen.
Welcome! This site provides a gateway to library resources for students doing historical research at the University of Alabama.
Historical research is an adventure, and I hope you find it rewarding and fun. Please let me know however I can help!