Upcoming On-Campus Training Events
All on-campus training events are open to currently affiliated
University of Alabama faculty, staff and students.
Register today for any of the upcoming online training webinars to see a quick demonstration of the features and learn the best practices in searching IEEE Xplore. Get an in-depth look at the IEEE Xplore interface, features and tools, and learn how this product can provide both professional and student engineers with the information they need to stay up to date on emerging technologies, standards and trends.
Tax Research training is still available!
CCH is offering complimentary live web training sessions on conducting comprehensive tax research using CCH IntelliConnect Tax subscription content. CCH IntelliConnect is a central knowledge base and information portal for tax professionals, and its tax research libraries are widely used. During the highly interactive sessions, the following topics will be discussed:
- The wealth of content and publications in CCH IntelliConnect Tax Libraries, both authoritative and tax experts’ explanations and analysis
- Effectively utilizing five highly effective tax research methods
- Researching with a code-arranged or topically organized publications
- Tracking cases and rulings using the CCH Citator
- Accessing CCH timely coverage of new developments, including tax legislation
- Using Interactive tools, calculators and charts
To sign up for the complimentary sessions, please click the link here: College & University Training
New & Canceled E-Resources
June - September 2011
- African-American Periodicals, 1825-1995
- American Civil War Research Database
- Berkeley Electronic Press (BE Press, now owned by De Gruyter) full collection
- Cabell's Directory of Publishing Opportunities
- Cambridge Collections Online, including the Shakespeare Survey
- Congress & The Nation
- Ebrary subject sets: PTSD & Fashion (approximately 40 books each)
- Illustrated London News
- Literature Criticism Online
- Materials Connexion
- Mintel Reports
- Nursing Education in Video
- Oxford Handbooks
- Oxford Language Dictionaries Online
- Live online training for Oxford University Press products
- ProQuest Historical Newspapers:
- LA Sentinel
- New Amsterdam News
- Norfolk Journal
- Pittsburgh Courier
- Safari Tech Books
- Sage Publishing: Full backfile collection
- Slavery & Anti-Slavery: A Transnational Archive (Parts 1 & 2)
- The Sixties: Primary Documents and Personal Narratives 1960-1974
- Women and Social Movements, International
- Zoological Record
- 19th Century UK Periodicals: Empire
- Education and Information Technology Digital Library (EdITLib) - The Association for the Advancement of Computing in Education (AACE) maintains EdiTLib as a digital repository of journals, conference reports, ebooks and more.
- Indo-European Etymological Dictionaries Online - IED Online is a collection of eleven dictionaries that together reconstruct the lexicon for the most important languages and language branches of Indo-European. Each entry is accompanied by grammatical info, meaning(s), etymological commentary, reconstructions, cognates, and often extensive bibliographical information.
- Rock's Backpages - This database of rock journalism includes 17,000+ articles and reviews, and is fully searchable by artist, genre, writer, or keyword. Also included are 100+ audio interviews with rock musicians.
- Expanded Web of Science backfiles - The UA Libraries has purchased expanded backfiles for the Science Citation Index, from 1965 to the present. For the Social Sciences Citation Index and the Arts & Humanities Index, the UA Libraries owns 1985-present.
- Underground and Independent Comics, Comix, and Graphic Novels - “This collection documents the entire spectrum of underground and independent North American and European comics and graphic novels, with 75,000 pages of original material…along with more than 25,000 pages of interviews, commentary, theory, and criticism from journals, books, and magazines, including The Comics Journal" (from the publisher’s website).
- Hispanic American Periodicals Index (HAPI) - HAPI is an index to more than 275,000 journal articles about Central America, South America, the Caribbean, and Hispanics/Latinos in the United States.
- Bibliography of English Women Writers, 1500-1640 - This bibliography, compiled by Betty S. Travitsky, is an index to texts by and about approximately 738 women writers from the early modern period. Included are many hitherto unknown authors from both the British Isles and the colonies. The texts are searchable by author, title, keyword, genre, or form.
- Criminal Justice Abstracts and EconLit are now available on the EBSCOhost platform. Subscriptions on the CSA platform have been canceled as of January 1, 2010.
- Art & Architecture Complete - Art Full Text from H.W. Wilson was canceled and replaced by the Art & Architecture Complete database from EBSCO. The UA Libraries continues to subscribe to the Art Index Retrospective product from H.W. Wilson.
- Mergent Online & Mergent Digital Manuals
- Roper Center iPoll - Roper Center iPoll includes the questions and answers from thousands of US national polls and surveys conducted over the past 70 years. Allows researchers to study public opinion about politics, historical events, economic issues, products, entertainment and the media, sports, hobbies, food, health, fashion, and Americans’ preferences and habits regarding many other subjects. In many cases iPOLL provides the original surveys and suggestions on finding more datasets for particular topics
- StatUSA - The StatUSA site ceased operation in September 2010. Over 85% of StatUSA materials are covered in LexisNexis Statistical Insight and Datasets.
- Textile Technology Index (EBSCOhost)
- Marcive WEBDocs