Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Scout is a powerful search tool that can be used to find both print and electronic resources. Scout simultaneously searches the libraries' catalog, databases, electronic collections, streaming media, and much more.
Searching for Scores and Recordings in Scout
More Search Tips (Instrumental Only)
- Use full names for composers with common surnames
- Use standard English-language spellings (i.e. "Rachmaninoff" instead of "Rachmaninov")
- Avoid abbreviating names (i.e. J.S. Bach)
- Avoid using keys in your search terms (such as "C" or "G minor")
Finding recordings by format:
- For CDs, add a keyword search for "compact" or "CD"
- For LPs, add a keyword search for "LP"
- For streaming media, add a keyword search for "electronic"