Below are some functional, global settings for Meetings in Zoom. Changing some of these settings may present a security risk, depending on other settings in your account and in a specific meeting. Always be aware of what your settings will allow you and your participants to do.
These can all be toggled from the browser dashboard for Zoom (from uasystem.zoom.us/signin) under Main Menu > Settings > Meetings. (If you have trouble finding this menu, a visual guide to finding it is available at this link.)
- File Transfer - (Default: OFF) - When set to ON, members can drag/drop or upload files into the Chat bar, participants can download these files to their systems. This is obviously only advisable for small, internal, and preferably password-protected meetings.
- Feedback to Zoom - (Default: ON) - When set to ON, participants are prompted to complete a user experience survey at the end of a meeting. This survey is for Zoom's use and serves no immediate purpose to the Host or Participants.
- Chat - Prevent Participants from Saving Chat - (Default: ON) - When set to OFF, participants can choose to download the chat logs as a txt file to their computer. If meetings tend to have important info in the chats, this might be a setting to consider changing.
- Auto-Saving Chats - (Default: Disabled) - When Enabled, chat log is automatically saved to Host's computer so it can be referred to later.
- Co-Host - (Default: OFF) - When set to ON, this function allows you to assign a Co-Host mid-meeting. Co-Hosts have privileges similar to Hosts (in terms of sharing, administration over participants, etc.). Assigning Co-Hosts also allows for the meeting to continue if the Host leaves the meeting or is disconnected.
- Always Show Meeting Control Toolbar - (Default: OFF) - When set to ON, the menu controls do not appear / disappear when hovered over with the mouse.
- Schedule Privilege - (Default: OFF) - When set to ON, allows other users in the system (whom you designate) to schedule meetings for you.