Many databases are easy to use and have the option to directly export to RefWorks. Here are some popular databases where the option to export to RefWorks is either under "Cite" or "Export:"
Project Muse is a popular database that can be difficult to export directly to RefWorks. Fortunately, here are some steps to get you there.
1. After finding an article in Project Muse, pull up the main article page.
2. Click on "Save," which will then say "Saved to MyMUSELibrary."
3. Click on the link "MyMUSELibrary"
4. Once on the "My Account" page, click on the "Cite Library Items" on the left side of the page, under "MyMUSELibrary"
5. Select the article with the checkbox and click "Export to RefWorks"
6. A popup box will prompt you to continue exporting to exporting to RefWorks and then again click on "Export"
While many databases the University of Alabama Libraries subscribe to do export to RefWorks, some do not. The following list may not be complete, as it does not include all of the databases.