When the Abstract is complete review it using this checklist.
1. Does it fall within the word limit (100-250 words).
2. Make sure that the methods section is not too long.
3. Check grammar and spelling.
4. Check acronyms or abbreviations and make sure that they are easily understood or explained.
5. Make sure all citations are complete and accurate.
1. Take Notes as you read an article. Write or highlight what stands out to you. Think about what is important in each paragraph.
2. When you have finished reading the article ask yourself:
3. The answers to these questions will help to create the abstract and keep it focused.
Remember: The main objective of an abstract is to encourage readers of your abstract to read the article for themselves to get the details.