Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Selected Websites for Poetry
Search these library catalogs by author or title to find books at UA and elsewhere.
- Scout simultaneously searches the Libraries' catalog, 90+ databases, and some free Internet resources (includes scholarly articles).
- The Libraries' Catalog is a traditional catalog of library holdings: print and electronic books, films, sound recordings, musical scores, government documents, and more (no articles).
- WorldCat is a comprehensive catalog of books and other materials in libraries worldwide.
Use these databases to find stories and poems in anthologies and journals.
- Literature Online (LION)
A large database of criticism, reference materials, & texts (Medieval to contemporary).
- Short Story Index
Coverage of short stories written in or translated into English and published in collections or in periodicals.
Indexing and some full-text access to a wide range of poetry, short stories, essays, plays, and speeches in anthologies.
- Humanities International Index
Indexes reviews, essays, poems, fiction, photographs, paintings and illustrations, as well as criticism.
Literary journals abound in print, online, or hybrid formats. See partial lists below for UA library holdings and free Internet resources. For complete information, search the Libraries' catalog by journal title.
E-Books at UA
Find e-books in the UA collections through Scout, the Libraries' Catalog, or the E-Journals/E-Books page of the Libraries' website.
E-Books on the Web
Find e-books on the Web through the digital library projects below. These books are available for reading to the extent allowed by copyright law.
A digital library of more than 30 million books.
- Use Google Books to locate detailed information within books.
- Use the Advanced Search option for more precise searching, or to limit to titles available for reading.
- Find links to Google Books from records in the Libraries' Catalog.
"...a partnership of academic & research institutions, offering a collection of millions of titles digitized from libraries around the world."
- For full access, log in with your MyBama information.
Books and more: "a digital library of Internet sites and other cultural artifacts in digital form."