Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
The Key to LibGuides Happiness
Learning about and making good use of reusable content will *greatly* improve your LibGuides experience. The information below is essential, whether you're just getting started or starting over with LibGuides.
Why Create a a Template or Storage Guide?
There's already a UA LibGuides Template and Repository. Why should I or my department create another one?
Create a template to:
- Ensure consistent look, feel, and organization amongst your guides or a group of guides, such a department's or branch's guides
- Make it easier to create new guides
Create a storage/reusable content guide to:
- Contain content items so that they can be reused throughout your guides or a group of guides, such a department's or branch's guides
- Containing content items that may need updating
A few UA Libraries examples:
- When revising its existing guides to comply with the new Best Practices and Guidelines, Rodgers librarians used the UA LibGuides Template to create a new guide, edited it to meet their needs, then submitted it for review. After making some minor changes recommended by the LibGuides administrator, they then used that guide as a template for the creation of other, new guides.
- Bruno librarians use the Bruno LibGuide Resource Page for Librarians "for storing widgets, box frames, content and other items that are regularly used on Bruno Business Library LibGuides." When Bruno librarians add boxes to their guides by linking- not copying- boxes from the Bruno LibGuide Resource Page, changes made in the storage/reusable content guide will be "pushed out" to the individual librarians' guides.
- A subject specialist created a storage/reusable content guide and a personal template linking to content in that guide. She uses her personal template to create new guides; now, whenever she changes anything in her storage/reusable content guide, it automatically updates in her template and across all of her guides.